Saturday, January 11, 2014

So Proud of My Big Girl

Today Mary Kathryn competed in her very first meet.  She has only been in gymnastics for six months, so we weren't quite sure she was ready for this.  It has been a learning process for us all.

We are a very "sporty" family with Stephen being a coach and all, but we know the basics....football, baseball, and softball.  We know all about touchdowns, homeruns, and double plays, but we have had to spend the last few months learning about gymnastics, or trying our best to.  We have learned all about back walk-overs, hand stands, and the best hairspray to use to keep the hair up through the entire competition.  I even now know the correct way to give well wishes to a gymnast is to tell them, "stick it.":) :)

But,  I'm not going to lie....this morning my stomach was in knots!  I was so anxious and nervous for her.  We had a couple of meltdowns last night, and at one point I even heard the words, "I'm just not going to do it, Mama."  But today, when it was game time, SISTA SHOWED OUT!  They ALL did.

So proud of FGA! (Fitzgerald Gymnastic Academy)

First up was Beam

Then Floor 


Vault

and finally, Bars 


Did I mention how proud I was!?!?!?!?!  :)

And the best part of the day for her......showing me her hand full of medals

she even got two third place medals


WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU MARY KATHRYN! 

Psalm 127:3 “Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward.







No comments:

Post a Comment