Thursday, January 2, 2014

Can you believe......

.......Hannah has been home for nine months now.  Man o man how much she has changed.  She was beautiful the day I first met her, but she is absolutely gorgeous now!


I am overwhelmed with emotion most every time I look at her.  It's hard to describe.  

Before Hannah came home, her personality was described at shy and quiet.  Her carers were even very worried about her having a really hard time transitioning into our family.  

But the little Priss we know today is nothing of the sort.  She is large and in charge! :)  I would describe her personality as lively, head strong, full of love, very friendly, social butterfly, and outgoing.

I think that's what breaks my heart the most.  I have no doubt that in China she was shy and timid, but that's not her at all. It tears me apart to think of a time that my sassy little heifer (I call her with love) could not be or was not herself.  It is amazing what love, security, a Mama, and a Daddy can bring out.

I am still amazed how God could make a child (all the way around the world mind you) that was so perfect for our family, and a family, a crazy, loud, sometimes "disfunctional" family,  that was perfect for a shy, timid, quiet little girl born in China.


You know we are from South Georgia so I just have to say it.......ain't God Good! ;)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment